The Exploration Revived Award 2021 will be announced during the conference dinner, Tuesday 14th September. The intention behind this award is to stimulate the exploration on the Norwegian shelf and it is awarded biennially at the NPF Exploration Revived Conference.
The award will be given to groups or companies who, over the preceding two years, have contributed to moving Exploration of the shelf forward by:
- Testing new play concepts and/or exploration models
- Testing high risk/ high potential targets
- Contributing to geological breakthroughs
- Exploring for upside potential in more mature areas with established play-types, supporting extended lifetime of producing field
- Reducing exploration risk by developing and/or applying new techniques and technologies
- Any other combination of ideas, technology and risk-taking resulting in revived exploration
Previous award winners:
- 2007 : Norsk Hydro
- 2009 : Lundin
- 2011 : Winthershall Norge
- 2013 : Statoil
- 2015 : Lundin
- 2017 : Faroe Petroleum
- 2019: Aker BP
The award is based on nominations from the exploration community in Norway and is decided by a committee appointed by the Exploration Revived conference organizing committee.
The prize consist of a lithographic print and a certificate/diploma.
The Exploration Revived Award 2021 Committee to be announced.
Please send your nominations to Tonje Raknes, Project manager – Tonje.Raknes@npf.no. Please state the reason for your choice of nominated candidates. The deadline for nominations of candidates is August 13th, 2021.